At Red Hill, we intend to engage and inspire the children to develop a love of music whilst cultivating their talent as musicians. The overarching aims of the music curriculum at Red Hill are designed to:
- Encourage awareness, enjoyment and appreciation of music in all its forms.
- Develop imagination, creativity and self expression.
- Help children develop positive attitudes and to experience success and satisfaction in music, no matter of their age, interests, or musical abilities.
- Develop the skills, knowledge and understanding that children need in order to become confident performers, composers, and listeners.
- Introduce the children to music from all around the world and across generations, teaching them to respect and appreciate the music of all traditions and communities.
If you would like any further information about our music curriculum at Red Hill, please do not hesitate to contact the school.
Music subject lead – Mrs. Ruth Bennett