History at Red Hill is brought to life through exciting, memorable experiences and stories in which children can relate to historical events and people. Children should develop a fascination in the world around them and enjoy learning about the past. Our history curriculum is designed to:
- Give pupils a coherent and thorough knowledge and understanding of a range of time periods in Britain’s past and that of the wider world.
- Give children a coherent knowledge and understanding of Red Hill's local history and the importance of the English Civil War.
- Develop children’s sense of self in relation to the things which have happened before them and understand the chronology of events which has led to who we are today.
- Provide children with opportunities to explore primary and secondary sources to interpret events from the past.
- Equip pupils to think critically, weigh evidence, sift arguments and develop perspective and judgement.