Art - Intent
At Red Hill, the creative subject of Art and Design aims to engage, inspire and challenge all pupils from Reception to Year 6. It gives opportunities for all pupils to express themselves, experiment with techniques and media and enjoy creating their own masterpieces whilst developing curiosity. Our Art and Design curriculum is designed to:
- Be accessible for all pupils and allow all learners to achieve.
- Give a purpose to our artwork, making it relevant and fun for the children as well as supporting learning across the curriculum.
- Learn about a wide variety of artists throughout time and across the world
- Allow children to develop their understanding of how Art and Design both reflect and shape our history, and contribute to the culture of their world.
- Engage learners in a variety of different aspects of art and explore their creative side.